Registered Users – making direct referrals
Approved referrers (such as GPs, community nurses, health champions, FLO’s) can directly refer individuals to an activity or service listed within the directory. All organisations that have activities listed on Connect Well Kent are registered with us and have signed a data protection pledge.
(If you would like to list your activities or services with us please get in touch).
To make a referral
You must first receive the referrer training (please see below on how to arrange this). This will enable us to generate a user name and password for you.
To make a referral to an activity or service you must log in using the tab on the top right hand side of the screen.
When you have found an activity you want to refer your client to, click on add to shortlist. Once you have added all your services and activities into your shortlist go to the My Shortlist tab at the top right hand corner of the page. This will take you to a page where you will see what you have shortlisted. There will be a tab on this page that says submit referral in white.
Click on submit referral and you will see this referral form:
Now complete the form; the minimum information needed is the client’s name, date of birth and one method of contact.
The general notes section is an opportunity for you to write a bit more about your client, for example to let service providers know that s/he is anxious about going to new places and meeting new people, or doesn’t like taking calls but prefers email. Please do not put any confidential or medical information into this field.
Scroll down, you will then see this :
Please include your name in the Admin use only: Name of referrer box so that the provider organisation you are referring to can see who is making the direct referral.
There are also 3 tick boxes you MUST read and tick before a referral can be sent through the site.
You can now submit your referral.
You can also make make a direct referral to the Connect Well team here if you would like one of our coordinators to meet with a client. We aim to contact the client within 3 working days.
If you would like to become a registered referrer we provide FREE training. This training will take no longer than an hour, and we can train up to 5 professionals at any one time. Once the training has been completed and the Connect Well pledge has been signed we will generate a username and password for you. This will be sent to you via email.
For more information please read our Terms and Conditions
We have staff in the office on hand 5 days a week with any technical or referral queries you may have. Please contact us on 01227 772248 or email@example.com
To search for local services, support and advice;
- You can enter a key word in ‘search by keyword’.
- You can search for everything within your local postcode area. If you reduce the area or your search on the right hand side of the screen click the distance box only once and don’t press GO. It will automatically update the search terms.
- You can make an advanced search for services for specific conditions or user groups.
- You can also search by type of service. These are ‘Health & fitness; Social Groups & Self help and Support Services & Advice’.Within these areas you can choose a sub-category from the drop-down list to help you find exactly what you are looking for. For example, if you are looking to refer an individual who is caring for somebody with learning disabilities to a support group, you would click on ‘Social Groups & Self-Help’, select the ‘Carers’ Support’ sub-category, and then browse the results.
- If you would like to filter the results further, based upon more specific criteria, for example postcode, you can use the filters on the right hand side of the screen and click on GO.
- Finally, you can browse the directory via the A-Z search; either by organisation name, or by activity name
If you still can’t find what you are looking for please contact the Connect Well Team on 01227 772248 or use the contact form and we will endevour to assist you in finding what you need.